DMA08 Welcomes Attendees to Las Vegas, 'Entertainment Capital of the World,' Midler, Beatles' 'Love,' Cirque Du Soleil Entice
July 22, 2008 — Attendees at the Direct Marketing Association’s (DMA) DMA08 Conference & Exhibition, the Global Event for Integrated Marketing, will find that Las Vegas is definitely not just a place to gamble. The “Entertainment Capital of the World” boasts a variety of attractions that will keep conference-goers entertained throughout the six-day event, which runs between October 11 and 16.
Las Vegas is today a mecca for shopping, dining, entertainment, and a family vacation destination. There’s fashion for every budget, celebrity chefs and restaurants, roller coasters and museums, and variety of legendary shows and performers.
Additionally, many casinos are now offering fascinating exhibits, such as the Titanic Artifact Museum or Bodies…he Exhibit, both at the Tropicana Resort and Hotel. At the Titanic exhibit, guests experience the historical event through passenger stories, a chronological timeline, and authentic recreations of the ship itself.
“Of course, DMA08 will have attendees from around the globe fully connected to cutting-edge technology and solutions, comprehensive education, and world-class keynote speakers,” said Paul McDonnough, DMA08 group show director. “But we’re also connecting you to an unbelievable city. Its world-famous casinos and gaming aside, Vegas has a wealth of attractions, including award-winning shows, golf courses and sporting events, superb restaurants, and designer shopping on the Strip. It’s a safe bet to say: both DMA08 and Vegas are sure to entertain DMA08 attendees.”
DMA will present an impressive array of special events, including:
· The fun will begin Saturday evening, October 11 at the DMA08 Kickoff Party at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino’s Privé Nightclub, one of Sin City’s hottest spots. This dazzling event, which begins at 7 p.m., will be open to all DMA08 attendees.
· That same evening, the Direct Marketing Educational Foundation will present its Annual Awards Dinner, where hundreds of direct marketing leaders will honor the 2008 recipients of the prestigious Edward N. Mayer, Jr. Education Leadership Award, the DMEF Corporate Leadership Award, and the Robert B. Clarke Outstanding Educator Award. The gala, which requires a RSVP, begins at 6 p.m. at the Bellagio Las Vegas.
· On Tuesday evening, October 14, it’s back to the opulent Bellagio, where “Tonight Show” host Jay Leno will headline the 2008 International ECHO Awards Ceremony & Gala. The event honors the world’s best direct marketing campaigns. Immediately following the Gala, follow the beautiful people to the ECHO After Party at The Bank.
When not at DMA08, conferees will have a number of other events to attend, including:
· Wayne Brady at The Venetian: October 15 and 16, 9 p.m., 866.641.7469, www.venetian.com.
· LOVE by Cirque du Soleil: Open Daily (except for Tuesday and Wednesday), 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., Love Theatre, 1.800.963.9634, www.mirage.com.
· Bette Midler at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace: October 11, 12, 14, and 15, 7:30 p.m., http://www.bettemidlerlasvegas.com.
· Bodies…The Exhibition: Open Daily, 10 a.m.-11 p.m., Tropicana Resort and Casino, 702.739.2222, www.tropicanalv.com.
· Titanic: The Artifact Museum: Ongoing, 10 a.m.-11 p.m., Tropicana Resort ad Casino, 702.739.2222, www.tropicanalv.com.
For more information about these events and many more, visit www.visitlasvegas.com.
About DMA08 Conference & Exhibition
The DMA08 Annual Conference & Exhibition, the Global Event for Integrated Marketing, is the world’s largest gathering of multichannel marketing professionals. DMA08, which will be held October 11-16 in Las Vegas, will feature keynote presentations, educational sessions, roundtables, case studies, white papers, and research reports. DMA08’s exhibit hall will feature more than 550 exhibiting companies. For additional information, or to register for the six-day multichannel marketing event of the year, please visit www.dma08.org or call 1.866.486.0734.
For information about DMA08 exhibition and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Donna LoPorto at 212.790.1468 or email@example.com.
# # #
back to top