DMA CELEBRATES DATA INNOVATION DAY WITH FREE ONLINE EVENT
New York, NY, January 23, 2013 — As a proud partner in the first-ever Data Innovation Day, the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) is hosting “Data-Driven Marketing: Where the Innovators Are,” a free virtual event to celebrate data-driven marketing innovation — and to engage data-driven marketers in the growing data debate that is taking shape in Washington and around the world. The event takes place online Thursday, January 24, at 2:00 p.m., ET.
Attendees will hear from those at the forefront of data-driven marketing innovation, learn best practices for fostering innovation, and consider privacy implications as the march to use marketing data in new and innovative ways continues.
Ginger Conlon, editor-in-chief of Direct Marketing News will moderate a panel of experts, including:
- Pam Dixon, executive director, World Privacy Forum
- Ernan Roman, president, Ernan Roman Direct Marketing
- Rachel Nyswander Thomas, vice president of government affairs, DMA
- Joe Zawadski, CEO, MediaMath
To register for this free online event, please click here, or phone 212.790.1500.
The Data-Driven Marketing Landscape
We are living in a data-driven world where consumers – and the economy – are enjoying greater benefits from innovative data use than ever before, and yet, threats to this data-driven way of life are growing every day. Congress and regulators seem set on putting an end to the collection and use of consumer data by marketers and fundraisers.
DMA’s newly-launched Data Driven Marketing Institute (DDMI) counters these threats by:
- advancing and protecting data-driven marketing by engaging the entire industry in a coordinated campaign to set the record straight about the countless ways that data-driven marketing benefits consumers and fuels the data-driven economy;
- increasing understanding and improving perceptions of data-driven marketing among policymakers, consumers and the media; and
- working to prevent needless regulation or enforcement that could severely hamper data-driven marketing and stifle innovation.
For more information on DDMI, please click here.
Get Social with DMA
• Join us on Facebook Join us on LinkedIn Follow us on Twitter
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association (www.the-dma.org) is the world’s largest trade association dedicated to advancing and protecting responsible data-driven marketing. Founded in 1917, DMA represents thousands of companies and nonprofit organizations that use and support data-driven marketing practices and techniques.
In 2012, marketers — commercial and nonprofit —will spend $168.5 billion on direct marketing, which accounts for 52.7 percent of all ad expenditures in the United States. Measured against total US sales, these advertising expenditures will generate approximately $2.05 trillion in incremental sales. In 2012, direct marketing accounts for 8.7 percent of total US gross domestic product and produces1.3 million direct marketing employees in the US. Their collective sales efforts directly support 7.9 million other jobs, accounting for a total of 9.2 million US jobs.
# # #
back to top