DMA06 in San Francisco: Conference Offers International Delegates Special Sessions, Helps US Marketers Tap Overseas Markets
October 6, 2006 — In today's wired world, all marketing is global. International markets are expanding daily, and DMA06, the Direct Marketing Association’s annual conference and exhibition, will reflect that growth and the opportunities it presents marketers, both international and American. DMA06 will be held October 14-19 at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, CA.
"DMA06 promises to provide a rich creative networking experience for direct and interactive marketers from the US and around the globe," says Charles Prescott, DMA’s vice president for Global Knowledge Network Services. "This is certainly the place to be to learn what works and what doesn't, to form international marketing connections, and to gain the latest insider information on global markets."
“As DMA’s largest annual event does each year, DMA06 will be hosting hundreds of marketers from around the globe, including South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and our American neighbors to the north and south,” Prescott says.
“To provide our international visitors special assistance, we will provide a special international section at the DMA06 registration desk,” he adds. “Here, we will be able to help our international delegates get organized as soon as they enter the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco. Here also DMA staff will be on hand to assist, answer questions, and direct them to our International Delegates Lounge.”
Special International Features
The following special features at DMA06 will welcome and interest international attendees:
· International Delegates Lounge. Open during conference hours, DMA’s International Delegates Lounge will serve refreshments throughout the day and provide Internet access for international attendees. A place to relax and mingle between conference sessions and special events, the lounge is designed to be the center point of the international delegate's DMA·06 experience.
· International Reception. This Saturday evening (6:30 p.m.) event at the San Francisco Marriott kicks off the entire DMA06 experience. If past International Receptions are truly precedent, then this is a party that is not to be missed by anyone. Here, all delegates – international as well as US – will be able to eat, drink, be merry, and share their plans for the upcoming days. The reception is truly a great place to reconnect with old friends and meet new ones.
· DMA International ECHO Awards Ceremony & Gala. This black-tie-optional annual event, which will begin on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m., showcases the best direct marketing campaigns in the world – and offers an international learning experience like no other. This year’s “best of the best” celebration will be hosted by internationally acclaimed comedian and actor Dana Carvey
· International Pavilion in the Exhibit Hall. No matter where you are from, all DMA06 delegates will want to broaden their marketing knowledge in the International Pavilion. Here, exhibitors will share their knowledge of markets around the world, and offer valuable resources to assist marketers plan and execute effective international, multichannel marketing campaigns.
· International Council Networking Reception. Attendees won't want to miss the DMA International Council Networking Reception, which will be held on Monday at 6:00 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.the-dma.org/councils/internationalcouncil.
Conference Sessions Address International Marketing Issues
DMA06 presents sessions addressing key international marketing issues, and offers insights into growing markets around the world. Sessions include:
· Global Leaders Forum. In this relaxed, diverse, and informative session, managing directors from the Direct Marketing Associations of five countries will provide an overview of the state of the industry in their country. These international DMA leaders will look back as well as forward at the important economic and political issues of the day for their markets. This is a “don’t-miss” session on Monday (4:30 p.m.) for anyone with international interests.
· International Direct Marketing: How Flat Is Our World? This Wednesday morning (9:00 a.m.) session will explore a multitude of different factors that are driving internationalism in our businesses. Key points that both agencies and clients need to consider will be reviewed as they increasingly work in a world where national borders are becoming increasingly less important in the global marketplace.
· Fundamentals of Relationship, Direct & Interactive Marketing En Español. DMA and Spain’s Institute of Direct and Interactive Marketing (ICEMD), have joined forces to offer a certificate program on the basics of direct marketing during DMA06. The Fundamentals of Relationship, Direct & Interactive Marketing Certificate program will be taught in Spanish on Sunday and Monday. Enrique Benayas, managing director of ICEMD and vice-chairman Education Committee of FECEMED, will direct this exciting new program. The intense, 10-hour curriculum is one of total immersion in direct marketing basics and will dramatically improve participants’ knowledge of the discipline. Separate registration is required to participate.
For DMA06 Information
To register or for additional information about DMA06, call 800.293.7279 or 330.425.9330 or visit www.dma06.org.
About DMA International Council
The DMA International Council’s goal is to educate, empower, and provide networking opportunities for business, consumer, and non-profit direct marketers, using direct marketing channels in global and international markets. Its vision is to become the leading forum for international direct marketers everywhere. For additional information about DMA’s International Council, visit http://www.the-dma.org/councils/internationalcouncil or call 212.768.7277, ext. 1651.
# # #
back to top