DMA Expands Global Reach of International ECHO Awards with Launch of Ambassador Program
February 8, 2007 — In an effort to draw upon direct marketing talent from around the world and raise awareness and participation in the Direct Marketing Association’s (DMA) International ECHO Awards, DMA announced today the launch of its International ECHO Ambassadors Program.
“Because the International ECHO Awards is an international awards program we need to achieve even greater international participation," said Barbara Parker, DMA senior manager for industry awards. “An expanded global perspective can help us better understand the direct marketing awards environment outside of North America, and help us position ECHO more prominently in international markets.”
Twenty-two ambassadors, who will serve as the primary ECHO contact in their country, have been chosen for their professional experience, seniority, and stature in their local direct marketing communities. As an ECHO Ambassador, each is charged with promoting DMA’s ECHO Awards in his or her country and facilitating the entry process for local participants. Last year ECHO Award entries came in from over 40 countries, according to Parker.
DMA ECHO Ambassador Roster:
· Argentina: Mary Teahan, CP Comunicación Proximitiy
· Belgium: Georges Van Nevel, DVN
· Brazil: Marcus Tavares, MRM Worldwide
· Canada: Michael McGovern, Proximity Canada
· Chile: Luis Felipe Rios Yrarrazaval, CP Comunicación Chile
· Columbia: Luis German Quintero Mesa, Datatiempo
· Denmark: Finn Overgaard, GEKKO
· Germany: Detlef Rump, Proximity Germany
· Greece: Nasos Papachristofouros, LOreal-Hellas
· Hungary: Attila Vamos-Hegyi, Magyar Telekom Plc.
· India: Rajat Sethi, Wunderman India
· Ireland: Gary Brown, RMG Target
· Japan: Akira Oka, Direct Marketing Japan
· Mexico: Nestor Marques, Manifesto DDB
· New Zealand: Patrick Laughran, Gestro Home International
· Norway: Jens Harisson, Rapp Collins Oslo
· Peru: Alejandro Tripoli, 121 Relationship Marketing, SA
· Russia: Elena Doubenets, Russian Direct Ltd.
· Spain: Alfonso Marian, Shackleton Direct
· Sweden: Christina Knight, Draft Sweden
· UK: Frazer Howard, EHS Brann
· Venezuela: Orlando Lokpez, Power Marketing
In order to generate interest in next year’s ECHO Awards, ambassadors will participate in an e-mail marketing program to connect with potential entrants for the 2007 program.
Ambassadors will also nominate prospective ECHO judges for judging sessions held in Europe, Australia, and the US, and will serve as valuable sources of input for the ECHO committee. Also, they will help develop programs to build ECHO participation in cooperation with their local direct marketing associations.
2007 ECHO Awards Ceremony and Gala:
The 2007 ECHO Awards Ceremony and Gala will take place on Tuesday evening, October 16, 2007, during DMA07 Conference & Exhibition in Chicago, Illinois.
The 2007 call for entries is now open:
· Entry deadline is April 24, 2007
· Entry fee is $300 per entry
· Save 25% off of your entry fee. Enter by April 14, 2007 and pay just $225 per entry.
For more information on the 2007 International ECHO Awards and to enter the competition, please visit www.dma-echo.org for full details.
# # #
back to top