DMA Calls for 2008 Board of Directors Nominations; Mar. 16 Deadline
February 22, 2007 — The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) is now accepting nominations for a limited number of vacancies on its Board of Directors. The deadline for nominations is Friday, March 16, 2007.
The greatest need for Board representation exists in the following segments:
· Multichannel Merchants: (catalog, retail, wholesale and Internet merchants)
· Business-to-Business Marketing
· Consumer Products/Services
· Financial & Insurance
· Nonprofit Organizations
To be eligible, DMA Board candidates must be senior-level executives (President, CEO, COO, CMO) and meet the following criteria:
· Have the authority to speak for their company or division.
· Play a leadership role in the field of direct marketing.
· Be capable of representing their membership segment.
· Be voting members of the DMA.
· Be available for Board meetings taking place in January, May and October
· Be available to serve on DMA’s Standing Committees
Nominations will be evaluated by the DMA Nominating Committee, which is chaired by former DMA Chairman of the Board Stephen M. Lacy, president & chief executive officer, Meredith Corporation. The committee will present the status of nominations to the full Board in May.
DMA will vote on the final slate of nominees during the Association’s annual business meeting, which will be held during DMA07, taking place October 12 – 18, at McCormick West in Chicago, IL.
Board nomination forms are available online at:
Completed nomination forms should be returned – on or by Friday, March 16, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax at 212.768.7353, or mail to Direct Marketing Association, 1120 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036-6700. For additional information please contact Margaret Mulvihill, 212. 768.7277.
# # #
back to top