DMA International ECHO Competition Adds Search Marketing Award and Expands Media for Awards; Deadline Apr. 24
DMA International ECHO 2007 Competition Adds Special Search Marketing Award and Expands Media for Awards; Deadline Is Apr. 24
March 15, 2007 — The Direct Marketing Association’s (DMA) call for entries for its 2007 International ECHO Awards (www.dma-echo.org) remains open until April 24, 2007. DMA’s ECHO Award is the only international award that honors excellence in direct marketing creativity, marketing strategy, and response results — and now recognizes every type of media used in multichannel direct marketing campaigns.
Demonstrating its commitment to interactive technologies, DMA has added to a special award to the ECHOs lineup — a Search Marketing Award that will honor the most innovative campaign that employs online search strategies and techniques designed to drive Web traffic, including search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
In addition, DMA announced that its 2007 ECHO Award competition has been expanded to include five new advertising media:
· E-Mail and Instant Messaging: E-mail, instant text messaging on PCS
· Mobile: Mobile messaging. Permission based marketing message delivered through a mobile phone, PDA or other mobile device.
· Search Engine Marketing: Search engine optimization (SEO) and paid pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
· Web Advertising: Web ads and online advertising other than search (search is a separate category).
· Web Development: Web sites, blogs, and Web development. This is content that is not paid Web advertising.
DMA also is rolling out the following ECHO Award features this year:
· Entry window of eligibility expanded to 18 months (more chances to win!).
· No CDs to burn or videos to make.
· Entry form is conveniently saved online.
· Online credit card payment option.
· Entrants submitting five or more entries receive a free CD of 2006 ECHO Award Winners.
The 2007 Call for Entries campaign, produced pro bono by DMA member G2 digital & direct, New York City, demonstrates the visionary strategy, compelling creative, and breakthrough results that make the ECHO the most prestigious symbol of excellence in the direct marketing community.
DMA's ECHO CFE Web site, for which the pro bono development and management was provided by Bennett Kuhn Varner, Inc. in Atlanta, GA, provides complete information on entering the 2007 ECHO Awards Competition, including a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section that provides information on useful topics.
Deadline for entries is April 24, 2007. To download an entry form, please click here.
2007 ECHO Awards Ceremony and Gala
The 2007 ECHO Awards Ceremony and Gala will take place on Tuesday, October 16, during the DMA07 Conference & Exhibition in Chicago, IL, which will be held October 13-18. Hosting the ceremony this year is “Deal or No Deal” emcee and comedian Howie Mandel.
# # #
back to top