DMA07 'Boot Camp' Track Turns Civilians into Direct Marketing Professionals
July 30, 2007 — Attention! Basic training isn’t just for the military anymore. “1:1 Marketing Boot Camp” puts marketing civilians at ease, helping them fall in line with the rules, regulations, and procedures of direct marketing during the DMA07 Conference & Exhibition, which will be held October 13–18 at McCormick Place West in Chicago, IL.
The program offers the new professional a comprehensive overview of the direct marketing process and a taste of the full spectrum of Direct Marketing Association (DMA) seminars held across the US each year. This initial entry training, created from some of DMA’s most popular seminars, will be led by highly experienced, knowledgeable instructors.
Direct marketing “recruits” will learn the ropes in seven sessions, taking place over the course of three days.
Monday, October 15
· Direct Marketing Basics: Direct Marketing for Product, Marketing, and Advertising Managers and Directors that Need to Impress the CFO
Joshua Moritz, Managing Partner, Customer Growth, Blau Moritz Klang, Inc.
11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m
· Creative and Offer Strategies that Can Drive Sales, Leads, Activation, and Awareness
Peter Blau, Co-Owner and Managing Partner, Customer Growth, Blau Moritz Klang, Inc.
3 to 4:15 p.m
· How Great Customer Service and Fulfillment Can Make an Integrated Marketing Program
Barry Blumenfeld, CEO, BMI Fulfillment Services
4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, October 16:
· Database Marketing: Building Databases, Performing Analytics, and Creating Contact Strategies to Build Long-Term Customer Relationships for Enhanced Profitability
Devyani Sadh, PhD, CEO and Founder, Data Square
11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. (Part One)
2:45 to 4:00 p.m. (Part Two)
Wednesday, October 17:
· Email Direct Marketing Techniques that Will Make Your Direct Marketing Efforts Sing
Reggie Brady, President, Reggie Brady Marketing Solutions
9 to 10 a.m.
· Having a Web Site Isn't Enough: The Why's, Wherefores, and Ins and Outs of Web Analytics, SEO, and SEM that Drive Clicks, Hits, and Conversions: Internet Marketing in Six Easy Steps
Jonathan Hochman, Consultant, Hochman Consultants
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m
Participants who complete the entire series will be awarded 0.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and will receive a waiver for DMA's Certificate Program application fee (a $295 value).
“What better way to start a direct marketing career than with a firm foundation, courtesy of DMA07 Boot Camp?” asked Paul McDonnough, DMA group show director. “This essential training in creative strategy, database marketing, direct marketing basics, email techniques, Web analytics, and customer service and fulfillment will help fledgling direct marketers get on their feet quickly. Attendees can be confident that they are being trained by the best, so that they can move forward and be all they can be.”
About DMA07 Conference & Exhibition
DMA07, the largest gathering of direct marketing professionals, is DMA’s annual conference and exhibition. DMA07 will feature more than 150 educational sessions, plus roundtables, case studies, white papers and research reports. DMA07’s exhibit hall will feature more than 500 exhibiting companies. For more information, or to register for the six-day multichannel marketing event of the year, please visit www.dma07.org or call 1.800.293.7279 or 330.425.9330.
# # #
back to top