|Login / Resources for Consumers / Create a FREE Online Account / Contact Us|
|Membership||Issues||Events||Professional Development||Who We Are||Contact|
DMA and MULTICHANNEL MERCHANT Announce 2009 MCM Awards Finalists
Awards to Be Presented May 6 During ACCM in
New York, NY, April 6, 2009 — The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) and Multichannel Merchant today announced the 78 finalists for its 2009 MCM Awards. Winners will be announced during a May 6 luncheon ceremony held during the 26th Annual Conference for Catalog and Multichannel Merchants (ACCM).
ACCM is the largest conference for catalog, online, and retail marketers, co-produced by DMA and MULTICHANNEL MERCHANT, that will be held May 4-7 at the
The 78 MCM Awards finalists, who comprise both business-to-business (B-to-B) and business-to-consumer (B-to-C) marketers, included 49 print channel and 29 Web channel. Fourteen of these merchants are eligible for the Multichannel Merchant of the Year Award, as finalists in both the print and Web channels. Gold and Silver Awards are given annually for quality in both print and Web, and the Cross-Channel Award honors multichannel merchants for synergy across the print and Web channels. Last year, DMA and MULTICHANNEL MERCHANT presented a total of 47 awards. For a full list of 2008 MCM Awards winners, please click here.
Both MCM Awards finalists and winners are evaluated by a panel of experts through a series of three judging sessions: pre-screening, in-home evaluations, and a final judging session. Print and Web channel entries are evaluated on creative, merchandising, copy, customer service/navigation, and marketing execution.
“The MCM Awards are an exciting part of the ACCM program,” said Yasmin Melendez, DMA’s group show director. “This year’s finalists have combined seamlessly integrated campaigns with remarkable creativity that will sure give the judges a difficult decision when they present the awards in May.”
“Our judging panel carefully reviews all aspects of every catalog and Website entered,” said Melissa Dowling, editor-in-chief, MULTICHANNEL MERCHANT. “The competition has been extra tough this year — we may see some surprises when the winners are announced in
2009 MCM Awards Finalists
Business Specialty Products
· L.L. Bean, Direct to Business
· Tessco Technologies, The Wireless Guide, Vol. 27
· Hanna Andersson,
· L.L. Bean, Kids, Spring 2008
· Learning Resources, 2008
· Steve Spangler Science, Making Science Fun! 2008-2009 Science Catalog
Computer and High-Tech Equipment
· Army & Air Force Exchange Services (AAFES),
· Black Box Corp., Network Services 2008
· Crutchfield Corp., Fall 2008
· L.L. Bean, Christmas Favorites 2008
· L.L. Bean, Summer 2008
· The Orvis Co., The Sporting Tradition, Fall 2008
· The Orvis Co., Women’s Clothing,
Consumer Specialty Products
· Specialty Catalog Corp., Paula Young, Spring 2008
· Specialty Catalog Corp., Especially Yours, Fall 2008
· Stewart-MacDonald, Fall 2008
· Vitacost.com, Fall 2008
· Fairytale Brownies, Winter 2008
· Harry & David,
· King Arthur Flour,
· Harry & David,
· L.L. Bean, Christmas 2008
· The Orvis Co., Ultimate Gift Guide,
Home, Hardware and Gardening Supplies
· AAFES, Winter 2008 Home Decor
· AAFES, Summer 2008 Home Decor
· L.L. Bean, Home, Spring 2008
· Smarthome, Solutions for an Eco-Friendly Lifestyle, Spring 2008
· Edmund Optics, Optics and Optical Instruments Catalog, Fall 2008
· Labelmaster, 2008 General Catalog
· New Pig Corp., The Big Pigalog 2009
· New Pig Corp., The Big
· AAFES, Kitchen Essentials 2008
· AAFES, Small Wonders 2008
· Harry & David, Celebrate Giving the Best 2008
· Wesco Distribution, Green Buyers Guide, 2008
· Boundless Journeys, The World’s Great Adventures 2008
· Fetch Enterprises, Fetchdog, Ho Ho Holiday 2008
· Murad, Winter Catalog 2008
· Murad, Fall Catalog 2008
· AAFES, Sports & Fitness 2008
· Catalyst Communication, Revolution Cycles Cycling Guide, Spring 2008
· L.L. Bean, Outdoor Gear and Clothing, Winter 2008
· L.L. Bean, Fishing, Spring 2008
· The Orvis
Consumer Specialty Products
Home, Hardware and Gardening
· Black Box Corp.
· Crutchfield Corp.
· Edmund Optics
· Hanna Andersson
· Harry & David
· King Arthur Flour
· L.L. Bean
· Learning Resources
· The Orvis Co.
· Steve Spangler Science
· Tessco Technologies
For more information or to register to attend ACCM, please visit www.accmshow.com.
DMA will provide complimentary ACCM registrations for editorial staff of media outlets that cover multichannel direct marketing-related topics. To request press registration, please email DMA at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about our requirements for press credentials please, click here.
Co-produced by the Direct Marketing Association and Multichannel Merchant, the Annual Conference for Catalog and Multichannel Merchants (ACCM) is the largest gathering of multichannel marketers who use catalogs, transactional websites, and retail stores to reach their customers. ACCM is an annual event which brings together multichannel professionals from a wide breadth of job functions and seniority levels for four days of education, access to new products and services, and peer networking.
About Multichannel Merchant
Multichannel Merchant is the leading information source for senior-level executives at catalog, online, retail and b-to-b merchants. Our suite of print, online and event services takes these industry professionals to the heart of multichannel retailing, helping them stay on top of tactics and techniques that are crucial to improving market share and profitability—while integrating front-end and back-end operations and everything in between. Our editors provide the expert strategic advice and practical techniques that operations professionals urgently need to improve efficiencies, productivity, cost savings, and customer service covering the entire fulfillment process—from the moment an order is entered to its delivery at the customer’s doorstep. For more information, visit http://www.multichannelmerchant.com.
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association (www.the-dma.org) is the leading global trade association of businesses and nonprofit organizations using and supporting multichannel direct marketing tools and techniques. DMA advocates standards for responsible marketing, promotes relevance as the key to reaching consumers with desirable offers, and provides cutting-edge research, education, and networking opportunities to improve results throughout the end-to-end direct marketing process. Founded in 1917, DMA today represents more than 3,400 companies from dozens of vertical industries in the
In 2008, marketers — commercial and nonprofit — spent $176.9 billion on direct marketing, which accounted for 52.1 percent of all ad expenditures in the
The Power of Direct: Relevance. Responsibility. Results.
# # #