|Login / Logout / Resources for Consumers / Create a FREE Online Account / Contact Us|
|Membership||Issues||Events||Professional Development||Who We Are||Contact|
DMA and Multichannel Merchant Present 2009 MCM Awards Winners
Awards Presented During ACCM in New Orleans
New Orleans, LA, May 6, 2009 — The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) and Multichannel Merchant today presented the 2009 MCM Awards. Winners were announced earlier during a luncheon ceremony held during the 26th Annual Conference for Catalog and Multichannel Merchants (ACCM) in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The MCM Awards are the top honors for business-to-business (B-to-B) and business-to-consumer (B-to-C) multichannel marketers. They recognize superior print catalogs and websites from around the globe.
Gold and Silver Awards are given annually for quality in both print and Web, and the Cross-Channel Award honors multichannel merchants for synergy across the print and Web channels.
Both MCM Awards finalists and winners are evaluated by a panel of experts through a series of three judging sessions: pre-screening, in-home evaluations, and a final judging session. Print and Web channel entries are evaluated on creative, merchandising, copy, customer service/navigation, and marketing execution.
For a full list of 2009 MCM Finalists, please click here.
Top 2009 MCM Award Winners
· Catalog of the Year: New Pig Corp., The Big Pigalog, UK Edition, 2009
· Website of the Year: www.stevespanglerscience.com
· Cross-Channel of the Year: Orvis
Business Specialty Products
· Silver: L.L. Bean, Direct to Business Holiday 2008
· Silver: Tessco Technologies, The Wireless Guide, Vol. 27
· Gold: Hanna Andersson, Holiday 2008
· Silver: L.L. Bean, Kids, Spring 2008
Computer and High-Tech Equipment
· Gold: Black Box Corp., Network Services 2008
· Silver: Crutchfield Corp., Fall 2008
· Gold: L.L. Bean, Christmas Favorites 2008
· Silver: L.L. Bean, Summer 2008
Consumer Specialty Products
· Silver: Specialty Catalog Corp., Especially Yours, Fall 2008
· Silver: Vitacost.com, Fall 2008
· Gold: Harry & David, Holiday Book of Gifts 2008
· Silver: Fairytale Brownies, Winter 2008
· Gold: L.L. Bean, Christmas 2008
· Silver: Harry & David, Holiday Preview 2008
· Silver: The Orvis Co., Ultimate Gift Guide, Holiday 2008
Home, Hardware and Gardening Supplies
· Gold: L.L. Bean, Home, Spring 2008
· Gold: New Pig Corp., The Big Pigalog 2009
· Gold: New Pig Corp., The Big Pigalog, U.K. Edition, 2009
· Silver: Edmund Optics, Optics and Optical Instruments Catalog, Fall 2008
· Silver: Harry & David, Celebrate Giving the Best 2008
· Silver: Wesco Distribution, Green Buyers Guide, 2008
· Silver: Boundless Journeys, The World’s Great Adventures 2008
· Silver: Fetch Enterprises, Fetchdog, Ho Ho Holiday 2008
· Silver: L.L. Bean, Outdoor Gear and Clothing, Winter 2008
· Silver: The Orvis Co., Fly Fishing, Spring and Summer 2008
· Silver: www.epromos.com
· Gold: www.stevespanglerscience.com
· Silver: www.crutchfield.com
· Gold: www.musiciansfriend.com
Consumer Specialty Products
· Gold: www.ebags.com
· Silver: www.sheetmusicplus.com
· Silver: www.stewmac.com
· Silver: www.kingarthurflour.com
· Silver: www.orvis.com
Home, Hardware and Gardening
· Silver: www.smarthome.com
· Silver: www.birthdayinabox.com
· Silver: www.centurynovelty.com
· Silver: www.orvis.com
Co-produced by the Direct Marketing Association and Multichannel Merchant, the Annual Conference for Catalog and Multichannel Merchants (ACCM) is the largest gathering of multichannel marketers who use catalogs, transactional websites, and retail stores to reach their customers. ACCM is an annual event which brings together multichannel professionals from a wide breadth of job functions and seniority levels for four days of education, access to new products and services, and peer networking.
About Multichannel Merchant
Multichannel Merchant is the leading information source for senior-level executives at catalog, online, retail and b-to-b merchants. Our suite of print, online and event services takes these industry professionals to the heart of multichannel retailing, helping them stay on top of tactics and techniques that are crucial to improving market share and profitability—while integrating front-end and back-end operations and everything in between. Our editors provide the expert strategic advice and practical techniques that operations professionals urgently need to improve efficiencies, productivity, cost savings, and customer service covering the entire fulfillment process—from the moment an order is entered to its delivery at the customer’s doorstep. For more information, visit http://www.multichannelmerchant.com.
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association (www.the-dma.org) is the leading global trade association of businesses and nonprofit organizations using and supporting multichannel direct marketing tools and techniques. DMA advocates standards for responsible marketing, promotes relevance as the key to reaching consumers with desirable offers, and provides cutting-edge research, education, and networking opportunities to improve results throughout the end-to-end direct marketing process. Founded in 1917, DMA today represents more than 3,400 companies from dozens of vertical industries in the US and 48 other nations, including half of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as nonprofit organizations.
In 2008, marketers — commercial and nonprofit — spent $176.9 billion on direct marketing, which accounted for 52.1 percent of all ad expenditures in the United States. Measured against total US sales, these advertising expenditures generated approximately $2.057 trillion in incremental sales. Last year, direct marketing accounted for approximately 10 percent of total US gross domestic product. Also, there are today 1.6 million direct marketing employees in the US. Their collective sales efforts directly support 9.3 million other jobs, accounting for a total of 10.9 million US jobs.
The Power of Direct: Relevance. Responsibility. Results.
# # #