|Login / Resources for Consumers / Create a FREE Online Account / Contact Us|
|Membership||Issues||Events||Professional Development||Who We Are||Contact|
Direct Marketing Association Kicks Off DMA2010 Annual Conference & Exhibition in San Francisco
The Global ROI Marketing Event
San Francisco, CA, October 9, 2010 — The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) today kicks off DMA2010 Conference & Exhibition, the Global ROI Marketing Event, in San Francisco, California. One of the world’s largest gatherings of integrated, multichannel marketing professionals, this conference connects people from around the world with the companies, ideas, education, trends, and technology that will shape marketing’s future.
The array of participating companies and keynote speakers at this year’s conference represent icons of every industry. Attendees will hear case studies from Pepsi, Pandora, TiVo, Kraft, Lacoste, Sephora, The Boston Celtics, Nestle, Sirius Satellite Radio, Hewlett Packard, Zappos, Disney, Mobile Fusion, MTV Networks, and many, many more.
“DMA2010 is the one conference that brings together marketers from around the globe in every sector and discipline and puts their collective expertise in one place,” said Lawrence M. Kimmel, DMA’s CEO. “If there’s one conference to attend this year, this is it. Attendees can expect education and networking opportunities, as well as unparalleled access to celebrity brands and leading experts who can help them improve their strategies and increase their ROI. The business of marketing is changing rapidly, testing the ability of marketers to understand what’s happening — DMA2010 provides the techniques and technologies in order to stay those crucial few steps ahead. The benefit from attending DMA2010 is truly invaluable.”
Marketers attending DMA2010 can also gain an in-depth understanding on how to use social media marketing by attending the special two-day session and earning their “Social Media Marketing Certification.” Attendees will learn how to attract new prospects, deepen relationships with existing customers, enhance brands, and increase revenues across a variety of social media platforms.
Attendees will want to visit the official DMA2010 Conference Blog, download the DMA2010 Mobile App, check in on foursquare, or log onto MyDMA2010 for a personalized and interactive event planner. Those on the go will be able to download the app onto their iPhone, Android, or Blackberry to help navigate the show, access the show directory, stay connected through Facebook and Twitter, as well as develop detailed trip reports from their time spent at DMA2010.
Starting today and running through October 14, DMA will present an impressive array of special events and opportunities for marketers including:
· Four Dynamic Keynote Presentations:
o Sunday, October 10: Bonin Bough, Global Director of Digital & Social Media, PepsiCo; Carol Krol, Editor in Chief, Direct Marketing News
o Monday, October 11: Marketing Rocks: Bret Michaels, Legendary Music Icon, Actor, “Celebrity Apprentice Winner;” Steve Stoute, Co-Founder, CEO, Translation, LLC; Scott Donaton, President & CEO, Ensemble
o Tuesday, October 12: Jacques Levy, Global Chairman & CEO, Sephora Worldwide
o Wednesday, October 13: Jack Dorsey, Co-Founder, Twitter; Jeff Hayzlett, Former CMO, Kodak, Author of The Mirror Test; Gary Vaynerchuk, Author of New York Times best seller, CRUSH IT; Marian Salzmann, President, Euro RSCG Worldwide PR North America; Suzanne Vranica, Advertising Columnist, The Wall Street Journal
· DMA’s CEO, Lawrence M. Kimmel, gives opening keynote presentation on Monday, October 11, at 8:30am Pacific Time, it will be streamed lice on DMA’s new website: www.newdma.org
· Social Media Face-Off session on Monday, October 11, at 4:25pm Pacific Time, bringing together 10 digital gurus trying to monetize social media marketing; also streamed live on www.newdma.org. Viewers will be able to have a say in the results by texting Social to 44264; they can ask a question during the debate by texting Ask a Question to 44264. (Text voting provided by Mobile Fusion. Message and data rates may apply.)
· Direct Marketing Educational Foundation’s Annual Awards Dinner, tonight at the Fairmont Hotel at 6 p.m. (Registration is CLOSED.)
· New Social Media Marketing Certification — special two-day course available for credit
· 2010 DMA Innovation Awards, being presented at the Moscone Convention Center on Tuesday, October 12, at 4 p.m.
· The Marketer of the Year Award, being presented at the Moscone Convention Center on Tuesday, October 12, at 10:15 a.m.
· The Hall of Fame Awards Luncheon, being presented to Rance Crain and Howard Draft, at the Moscone Convention Center on Tuesday, October 12, at 12:30 p.m.
· The 2010 International ECHO Awards Ceremony and Gala with “Late, Late Show” host, Craig Ferguson, being presented at the Moscone Convention Center on Tuesday, October 12, at 6:30 p.m. (Registration is CLOSED.)
Get Social with DMA
About DMA2010 Conference & Exhibition
The DMA2010 Annual Conference & Exhibition is the world’s largest gathering of cross-media/channel marketing professionals. DMA2010, which will be held October 9-14 in San Francisco, will feature keynote presentations, educational sessions, roundtables, case studies, white papers, and research reports. DMA2010’s exhibit hall will feature hundreds of exhibiting companies. For additional information, or to register for the six-day multichannel marketing event of the year, please visit www.dma2010.org.
For information about DMA2010 exhibition and sponsorship opportunities, please contact
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association (www.the-dma.org) is the leading global trade association of businesses and nonprofit organizations using and supporting multichannel direct marketing tools and techniques. DMA advocates standards for responsible marketing, promotes relevance as the key to reaching consumers with desirable offers, and provides cutting-edge research, education, and networking opportunities to improve results throughout the end-to-end direct marketing process. Founded in 1917, DMA today represents companies from dozens of vertical industries in the US and 48 other nations, including nearly half of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as nonprofit organizations.
In 2009, marketers – commercial and nonprofit – spent $149.3 billion on direct marketing, which accounted for 54.3% of all ad expenditures in the United States. Measured against total US sales, these advertising expenditures generated approximately $1.783 trillion in incremental sales. In 2009, direct marketing accounted for 8.3% of total US gross domestic product. Also in 2009, there were 1.4 million direct marketing employees in the US. Their collective sales efforts directly supported 8.4 million other jobs, accounting for a total of 9.9 million US jobs.
The Power of Direct: Relevance. Responsibility. Results.
# # #