|Login / Resources for Consumers / Create a FREE Online Account / Contact Us|
|Membership||Issues||Events||Professional Development||Who We Are||Contact|
DMA Releases 2011 'Statistical Fact Book'
New York, NY, March 1, 2011 — The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) today released the 2011 Edition of its Statistical Fact Book. Now in its 33rd year of publication, “The Definitive Source for Direct Marketing Benchmarks” continues to adapt with the ever-changing business landscape, replacing and updating information as necessary.
This year’s reference book contains 11 revised chapters: Internet; Social Media; Mobile; Consumer Demographics; Email; Direct Marketing Overview; Direct Mail; Financial Services; Catalog; Nonprofit; and USPS Information, giving marketers the most current and accurate data needed to successfully plan and navigate integrated, multichannel marketing campaigns.
“The Statistical Fact Book evolves every year to reflect the changes in direct marketing,” said
Usage of Mobile Phones While Shopping
Source: The Foresee Results, “Report on
DMA’s Statistical Fact Book, in addition to the wealth of new research and data, provides information from nearly 50 prominent sources. Some key findings include:
· Spending in direct mail is forecast to rise 3.6 percent annually between 2010 and 2014.
· More than half of expenditures (54 percent) in Internet marketing go to search.
· 36 percent of consumers follow a brand on a social networking or media site.
· 49 percent of email marketers find that a mid-day (10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.) email blast produces the highest ROI.
· Teenagers (ages 12 –17) use Web-based email 59 percent less than they reported a year earlier.
· The average salary range for a catalog creative director with one to three years’ experience is $60,000 to $77,000.
The Statistical Fact Book is available for purchase on DMA’s online bookstore. The cost is $260 for DMA members and $470 for non-members. To purchase, please click here.
Get Social with DMA
About Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
The Direct Marketing Association (www.the-dma.org) is the leading global trade association of businesses and nonprofit organizations using and supporting multichannel direct marketing tools and techniques. DMA advocates standards for responsible marketing, promotes relevance as the key to reaching consumers with desirable offers, and provides cutting-edge research, education, and networking opportunities to improve results throughout the end-to-end direct marketing process. Founded in 1917, DMA today represents companies from dozens of vertical industries in the
In 2010, marketers – commercial and nonprofit – spent $153.3 billion on direct marketing, which accounted for 54.2% of all ad expenditures in the
The Power of Direct: Relevance. Responsibility. Results.