DMA Innovation Award Judging Process
Judges will assess the applications primarily on three criteria:
- Does the innovation break with conventional ideas or processes in its field?
- Is it completely new?
- Does it go beyond marginal improvements on something that already exists?
- Is it a fresh way of looking at an existing solution?
- Will it have a wide impact on future technology in its field or in other fields?
- Who is the end user — a marketer or a supplier?
- Has it helped the end user improve his/her efficiency?
- Are there any data available to quantify this impact?
- Has the product or solution made a difference in the marketing community?
- Has it influenced the way the marketing industry thinks?
- Has it made the end user more effective?
- Has it strengthened the future of marketing for the long term?
Judging will be held at the end of June. All entries will be prescreened to ensure that the entries have correctly met the entry guidelines. The judges have the right to reassign entry categories for entries that are deemed incorrectly entered. Please retain a copy of your entry form for your files. Entries with the highest scores will become the category winners. These 7 category winners are considered for the Innovator Award Winner.
Winners (excluding the Innovator Award winner) will be notified by email using the information provided on the entry form. All winners will be recognized during DMA2012 on Sunday, October 14, 2012 in Las Vegas, NV. The Innovator Award will be recognized at that time as well.
The DMA Innovation Awards features a distinguished panel of judges, representing the most prestigious names from the industry.
Our 2012 Judging Committee Includes:
- Gregg Aamoth - Former VP, Customer Marketing, Macy's
- Bruce Biegel - Managing Director, Winterberry Group
- Kimberly Brown - Director, Direct Marketing & Statement Operations, Capital One
- Mike Coakley - VP, Marketing Technology Products, Epsilon
- Dave Frankland - VP & Research Director, Forrester Research
- Carley Graham Garcia - Global Industry Relations, Google
- Bernice Grossman - President, DMRS Group
- Craig Hanna - Executive VP, Econsultancy
- Aimee Higgins - VP, Strategic Solutions, Pandora Media
- Carolyn Kmet - Director, Affiliate Marketing, Groupon
- Patrick McLean - VP, Digital Brand Strategy, Capital One
- Paul Reynish - CMO, Dunkin' Brands
- J. Walker Smith - Global Executive Chairman, The Futures Company
- Robert Whitton - Principal, Arellton Group, LLC
Entry Deadline is July 25, 2012.