August 12, 2011
Ranking High on Search Engines Organically
One of the first things you’ll learn in organic search training is that it’s entirely possible to get listed on the front page of a search engine without having to pay a single cent in advertising costs. And the great news is, it doesn’t require you to get a degree in SEO to be able to pull it off.
Since search engines only return the most popular and relevant search results, the key to successful organic search engine placement lies in your ability to make your website appear “popular and relevant.” One of the ways this is accomplished is by having a large number of links pointing to your website’s URL. Here are a few tips on doing that.
• Create a blog, and in each blog entry be sure to include links to your website’s home page.
• Publish your company website’s URL to all of your social media channels.
• Publish press releases on a regular basis, including your website’s URL in each.
• Write articles that appear on other websites, and in these articles reference your website’s URL.
• Participate in discussion forums, referring to your URL with every post.
You can find more organic search training opportunities by attending the upcoming DMA2011 Conference & Exhibition this October in Boston. Visit www.dma11.org to find information on speakers, exhibitions, workshops, and one-to-one labs.
The DMA Newsstand Archive